Upcoming September Meeting: September 6, 2016 @ 6:30 p.m.
Please join us for our first meeting of the year. Following a brief business meeting, Mr. Pat McGill will talk to us about his work with Women in Uganda. Mr. McGill is a retired chemist who spent several months in rural Uganda with projects to upgrade school facilities. Then an accidental interaction with a women’s co-operative led to Pat selling their beautiful hand-made bags in Canada and the U.S. 100% of the proceeds are returned to the Ugandan women. Examples will be available for purchase after Pat’s presentation.
Upcoming Events: Sept 2016 – Jan 2017
We have a very busy schedule planned for this fall. Please note the following dates on your calendars:
- Monday, September 12 – Apple pies for Rayjon – 9:00 a.m. Sacred Heart Meeting Room
- Saturday, September 24 – Fall Regional Day: St. Joseph’s, Corunna
- Tuesday, October 4 – CWL General Meeting – 6:30 p.m. Sacred Heart Meeting Room
- Monday October 24 – Apple pies/Crisp – 9:00 a.m. Sacred Heart Meeting Room
- Monday, October 31- Tourtiere pies/Gift Baskets – 9:00 a.m. Sacred Heart Meeting Room
- Tuesday, November 1 – CWL General Meeting – 6:30 p.m. Sacred Heart Meeting Room
- Monday, November 7 – Turkey pies – 9:00 a.m. – Sacred Heart Meeting Room
- Monday, November 14 – Picking Greens for Christmas Pots
- Tuesday, November 15 – Assembling Christmas Pots
- Saturday and Sunday, November 19 and 20 – Christmas Bazaar
- Tuesday, December 6 – CWL Christmas Dinner following Mass at 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 8, 2017 – Installation of New Officers – 9:00 a.m. Mass
Just a reminder that we are still in need of women to fill the following positions on our executive:
- Recording Secretary: Mary Ellen L’Heureux will be moving to the convenorship of Christian Family Life, left vacant by the passing of beloved member, Noreen Salak.
- Spiritual Development: Our current convenor, Domenica Rastin, is moving to take the position of Co-President.
- President(s) Elect: This position can be held by 1 or 2 women and prepares the women for taking over the position of President in 2019.
For each position we are looking for a two year commitment. Please reflect and pray about taking on one of these positions. You will find that the Sacred Heart CWL Executive is made up of a group of hard-working, fun-loving, and deeply committed women who are incredibly supportive to each other. We would love to have you on our executive.